miércoles, 19 de agosto de 2015

Two things that Mike said to me...

Today I got an email from a very good friend who I met several years ago at Heathrow Airport in London, with whom I got the opportunity to talk just two and a half hours, his name Michael Reid.
As usual, I was waiting for my flight and this Rock Star type guy sat next to me, he was wearing jeans and long hair, obviously looked like he had not showered in a while, he politely said good afternoon to all of sitting around and just me answered back, because I was taught to do so.
After a few minutes Mike and I started talking, because I've always thought that musicians, singers and artists in general are extraordinary people and unfortunately I was not blessed with any of these qualities.
Mike told me he was on tour with his band, but I cannot remember the name, and they were on my flight to Frankfurt, so we talked a lot, he gave me a slice of the cake that his wife had baked for him for the tour, very nice cake to tell you the truth.
After a while of talking, laughing, looking at photos and eating cake we had to board and we were in separate seats, that was the last time I saw him.
Far from the first impression, turned out that Mike had a PhD in Experimental Psychology of his beloved University of Oxford, among other accreditations, but one day he decided to pursue his dream / vocation of being a musician, being in a band and doing international tours.
From all this, I remember two things Mike said, first: "Life is too short to waste it suffering and doing something that doesn´t makes you happy", I thought to myself... Obviously this guy is dead serious about this.

 
Second thing he said was: "Be a good Human Being and an Extraordinary Father because people will only remember you by your actions and for your children, never for the money you had or the positions you held during your career"

Mike is currently playing with his band and is starting again to teach at Oxford, both Psychology and Music.

Regards,
Armando.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario